Friday, October 5, 2012

End of week 5, a bittersweet journey

    The students, the students, and the students. I love them so much, and I can say with complete confidence that my most challenging class (with behaviors) is by far my favorite. From the first week I knew that they meant well, but were never going to be calm. There has been a few moments of complete silence and full attention on classmates or on me. In those few moments I know that they are completely amazed or interested in what a classmate or what I was saying. The first time silence happened in the class was a week ago when one of the students was creating a demonstration on the Active board. Today it happened a couple times when I was explaining my example to the class. When the class was fully engaged a few students asked some questions, that complete stunned me. The questions they asked had to do with logic and creativity. 

    Yesterday my supervisor came in, and my favorite class did not disappoint. They came in full of life. I do not think I ever had the room completely silent or on track, but I did have a majority of their attention. A couple of the students sitting next to my supervisor were asking her what she was giving me, and advised her to give me a good grade. Hearing this from Mrs. Quin after class, allowed me to realize that some of the students appreciate me as much as I appreciate them. 

    Last week I had a tough talk with the AP class. Their projects were not up to par. Today I was still advising students on what improvements could be made. I was surprised again this week with this group of students. They has been working with Mrs. Dacey for 2 years, and I was so surprised by most of them coming to me. A couple come to me, because Mrs. Dacey advises them to, but the majority come to me first. One student however approaches Mrs. Dacey before and after speaking with me. She is one of the more gifted students, and she thinks highly of her work. Mrs. Dacey informs her that I am the one in charge of grading her assignment, and suggests to the student that she listens to my feedback. The studenn. The tone Mrs. Dacey used was one that suggested you will not get a hundred if you do, bt asked her if she could turn in her assignment a couple days ago, Mrs. Dacey said you caut that is your decision. Today the student turned her project in. I graded her assignment, and gave her a 99. After school I saw her on my way out, and informed her that I love an element that she added to her project since the last time I saw it. 
AP Art Dream Exploration



Pre-IB II Animal contour line drawing



Pre-IB I Mandalas







No comments:

Post a Comment