Sunday, October 14, 2012

Last Weekend in Sarasota

This posting is very laid-back, and reflects my weekend! 


My last weekend in Sarasota, started with going to Lido Beach! 



 After Lido, I met up with the other two interns, Caitlin and Nicole for dinner at the Old Salty Dog. We discussed our experiences down here. We are all in it for the right reason, the best thing about our experiences are the students!


Saturday morning I went for a little jog, and still made it to most of yoga class! 
The instructor told us, "to loosen up the body, and to relax. When are bodies are under tension we become tired." I hope that I am able to remember that for the rest of my life. 


Nicole, Caitlin and I made pumpkin seeds after visiting the Fruitville Grove. The pumpkins came from Ohio :)

Next week at this time I will be back in Ohio. I can't wait for my mom's chili, but I am going to miss my kiddos. I feel so lucky to be down here. I can not picture a better experience. My mentor teach does so much, and is a part of so many things. She has inspired me tremendously in the last 6 weeks. I plan on staying in touch with her as much as possible. I told her that I expect images of the students work. I also expect to see her graduation pictures next August, when she becomes Dr. Dacey.  The students are incredible. I can't wait to develop my teaching portfolio more, and add all of their work to it. A couple of the students have given me their artwork, and I do not think they realize how much that means to me! Thursday will defiantly be a rough day for me, I don't want to say goodbye.    

No comments:

Post a Comment