Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Lesson learned

First period always sucks it up, and does just what is asked of them.
Seniors always go above and beyond. One student approached me at the end of the day, she told me that she tried her hardest to say really smart things. The reason why she tried so hard was, because my supervisor came in to observe me today. My supervisor was ecstatic at the end of my lesson. We were both amazed by the students, and how philosophical they were with their answers. Love them!
Last period of the day. "What we have a new lesson today." I had the most interesting interruptions from them. During my lesson a couple of them asked me a question:
"Ms. Hines, do you not realize I have a billgion other things to do right now?"
"Ms.Hines, what is your favorite color."
Then the best interruption, "Ms. Hines look!" As a student holds a flip book he created, using post-its, during my lesson. Surprisingly my last class is my favorite, and they take the most in, even with all of their distractions. After my lesson I went up to my mentor, and reflected that I should have waited to teach the lesson tomorrow. She replied along the lines, "That's just the way they are, I think they got it." 
I am going to miss these students so much. I am giving the seniors my e-mail address, and I hope they will keep me updated on their work and life.
Two more lessons to teach, and then I am done at Riverview :(

No comments:

Post a Comment